This workshop explores the key theoretical principles underpinning gender transformative work, asking you to reflect on your own practice and experience.
On completion of this Workshop, you will have:
- a deeper understanding of the theoretical framework underpinning gender transformative practice and how it applies to your work.
- greater insight into applying an intersectional lens to your gender transformative practice
- greater insight into addressing some of the challenges and opportunities of gender transformative practice, including working with men and boys and transforming masculine stereotypes, practitioner care and self-care.
Note: While an intersectional lens has been embedded across this training, there is also a section of the workshop specifically focusing on intersectional practice.
- Short self-directed activity prior to the workshop
- 7 hour in-person session
- Issued a certificate upon completion.
No assessment required for this workshop, but active engagement is expected from participants.
Each delivery is capped at 20 participants.
This workshop is for practitioners with strong PVAW knowledge.
Participants are required to have a strong understanding of violence against women, primary prevention, Change the Story, and the causes/drivers of violence against women as this content will not be covered in the workshop.