This training is part of shEqual, an initiative led by Women’s Health Victoria and funded by the Victorian Government. shEqual is the first coordinated effort in Australia to promote gender equality and address the drivers of violence against women in advertising through engaging agencies, brands, regulators, governments and the community. Visit the shEqual website (https://shequal.com.au/) for more information and how you get involved and impact change.
On completion of this course, you will have:
- Increased understanding of sexism and how it occurs in advertising
- Increased understanding of the impacts of sexist advertising and how this contributes to gender inequality
- Increased understanding of how to take action to reduce sexist advertising
- An introduction to tools and resources to apply to content creation.
This course is suitable for anyone who would like to learn more about gender equality in advertising, including:
- Advertising executives, creatives, strategists, account managers, brand managers, casting directors, copywriters, media buyers and planners, and anyone whose role includes commissioning, developing or approving advertising content
- Students studying advertising, media, communications, marketing, mass communications and other similar fields
- Those working to promote gender equality and prevent violence against women
- Consumers of advertising.
Time and assessment
This self-paced course consists of three modules and will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. It does not include an assessment but does require interactive engagement by participants through the training.
On completion of this training a Certificate of Completion will be issued.
A desire to understand why gender equality is important in society.
If you are interested in hosting an interactive workshop version of this training within your organisation, please email email@example.com